Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tip Tuesday: My favorite cleaning tips!

I've got a few of my favorite cleaning tips (or shortcuts) to share with you today.
I hate to clean.  I loathe it.  But, it's one of those things that must be done, so I do it.  I have a cleaning schedule that I do my best to keep up on, and it really helps.  I have several Pinterest recipes for cleaners that I've made, and they're all tried and true.  The only cleaning solution that I buy from the store any more is Windex.  I'm not sure how much I actually save making my own, but I know it's a lot.
Here goes: 
You know I make my own laundry detergent.  Here's the link to that post:http://envoguepogue.blogspot.com/2013/12/laundry-bombs_31.html


I use Windex for my glass (of course) but thanks to Pinterest, I've found a new and amazing way to use it.  My dining chairs are upholstered with microseude.  Having three little ones, they get really dirty really quickly.  I've found the best way to clean them is with Windex!  Just spray some on, and use a scrub brush to wipe the grime off.  It's awesome!  Here's the link:http://makingtheworldcuter.com/2013/03/clean-microfiber-the-easy-way/

I've also been making my own Swiffer solution!  I bought some microfiber cloths from the dollar store, and cut them to fit my Swiffer.  They're machine washable, so no more wasting money on Swiffer pads!  And here's the link to remove the top off the Swiffer solution bottle.   http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-the-cap-on-a-Swiffer-Wet-Jet-cleaner/

For the cleaning solution, I used equal parts vinegar and hot water, and about 20 drops of lemon essential oil.  It works every bit as well as the original solution!

My last tip is Liquid Magic Eraser.  Having kids around means dirty walls... Well, it means dirty everything.  But I came across this recipe, and it's AWESOME!  http://onetalentedmom.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/liquid-magic-eraser-homemade/

I've found that vinegar is one of my favorite things.  I love that it works so well, and it's inexpensive and it's not a chemical.  It's fabric softener, it's floor cleaner, it's great in the dishwasher as a rinse agent, it's just plain amazing!

I hope this post helped you!  These are simple recipes that take basically no time to put together, they save money, and they WORK!  Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment