Monday, May 5, 2014

Make Something Monday: Mother's Day Gift

Mom, if you're reading, STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!  (Just kidding, go ahead and read, it just won't be a surprise.)
My mom loves to knit.  So, for Mother's Day, I decided to put together a knitting bag for her.  This was so much fun, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!  If I was a knitter, I would want this bag.
The fabrics that I used were repurposed.  They were once an old sheet and a duvet cover.  They made a gorgeous tote!
 The first thing I did was embroider this cute saying on the sheet.  I love the balls of yarn and knitting needles at the top!

I appliqued the saying onto the front of the tote, and then covered it with some ribbon.

Here's the straps coming together.  I just sewed the strips down the center then pressed them in half again and sewed a finishing stitch down both sides.


The finger?  Battle wound.  I was attacked by my embroidery machine while working on the saying above...

I pinned the straps to the bag and made sure that both sides would line up.

I like the sew the straps on by stitching a square first, and then do an "X" in the middle.


I LOVE MY SERGER!  I serged all the edges together and turned the bag right side out.

Isn't it cute?  

I added a little bit of bling, and there it is!  The perfect knitting bag.  I LOVE IT!  And I hope my mom will, too
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  Love ya!
Oh, and Mom, Jim's contribution is embroidered on the inside of the bag... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment