Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Being grateful is such a big part of being joyful.  I don't think you can really have joy without being thankful.  A couple years ago, I was really struggling with depression.  If you know me personally, you know that in general, I'm happy.  It takes a lot to get me down.  I don't stress out very easily, but I found myself really, really sad.  And I felt guilty for being so sad.  It was awful.  One of the things that really helped me out of that pit was Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts." http://onethousandgifts.com It encourages you to slow down, be thankful for the minute details in life.  Things like the bubbles in a sink full of dirty dishes.  And it was SO good for me.  So, on Thursdays, I'm going to be listing things that I'm thankful for.
I think I'm going to shoot for 20 every Thursday.  So, at the end of a year, I'll have 1000.  Not too shabby, eh?  I just added a "Thankful" section to my Filofax, and I'll post a picture of that tomorrow.  In the past, I've kept a gratefulness journal, but since my Filofax is always with me, it's just easier to keep everything in there.  I encourage to join in the journey of being thankful.  Share your blog or post what you're thankful for in the comments.  Here's to a Thankful 2014!

1.  For a husband who supports and loves me through everything.
2. For three beautiful kids who are happy and healthy.
3. For positive criticism that helps me grow.
4. For my special group of friends who laugh, study, pray and cry together.
5.Morning coffee.  (I should just say coffee... And I could probably fill in the other 15 spaces with coffee... but, I won't. )
6.My treadmill!
7. For my dog who loves me unconditionally and follows me everywhere.
8.  For music with a good work-out beat.
9.  Hearing encouraging words about my kids.
10.  Warm slippers for my cold feet.
11.  Chocolate.
12.  Watching movies and snuggling with my kiddos.
13.  Warm clothes fresh out of the dryer.
14.  Fingerprints on my windows.
15.  SQUIRREL!
16. The sun breaking through icy wintery clouds.
17.  Quiet neighborhood streets.
18.  Silly cooking mistakes.
19.  Story time!
20.  For Essential oils that help keep nasty flu bugs at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment