Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday Week 2

This week has been tough.  And long.   And hopefully soon, I'll be able to share why.  I hate to be so cryptic, but sometimes secrecy is a must. :)  In the midst of it, I've been really trying to be thankful, and although it's been tough, I still managed to get a list of 20.

1. For peace that passes understanding.  Even when it doesn't make sense, even when I have no idea what tomorrow brings, I have peace.  I love that.
2.  For good dreams.  The last week, my daughter has been waking up, (sometimes in the middle of the night) by good dreams.  Dreams that make her happy and excited.  Love it.
3.  Friends that just drop by.
4.  A warm home.  This week has been cold.  And not nearly as cold here as in other parts of the country.
5.  Days that I can just relax.  I don't have anywhere to go, and not much to do.  It's nice to just sit with a cup of coffee with kids piled on me and veg.
6.  The boys' teachers.  I'm so thankful for these ladies!  Not only are they watching over my babies while they're at school, but they love them, and are instilling in them so much knowledge!  They work with me and are very communicative.
7.  Down blankets.  I have one.  Everyone should have one.  They are the best.
8.  The dance family that we're involved in.  That my little girl loves it so much and that they care about her so much.  That she has so many good examples to look up to and emulate.
9.  Our Church family.  New Vintage Church means so much to me.  I love that people are people.  It's a real place.  Not a holier-than-thou place.  I love the vision there, Jesus. People. Cities.  I love the pastors, Matt & Lisa Molt, and I love the friends that we've made there.  There is literally a group of women there for me that are in the same place in life that I am.  That I can laugh, cry, be ugly in front of, and I know that they will love me through it and pray with me and for me.  I don't think they'll ever know how much that means to me.  So very, very good.
10. New opportunities that present themselves everyday.  We just have to look for them.
11.  Encouraging text messages.  I love these.  If you have my number, text me.  :)
12.  Dress up!  My kids were playing "Cops and Robbers" last night.  This is what it looked like:
13.  Early morning laughs with my man.
14.  Donut holes.
15. Dirty Dishes.  Yes, really.  They mean that we have food.  That we can provide enough to feed our kids everyday.  More than once.
16.  My new pillow.  Seriously, this thing is awesome.  My guy got it for me, and it has a gel pack in it that never gets warm.  That means I stay cool all. night. long.  I love it.
17.  Friends that are neighbors.  Neighbors that are friends.  One of mine texted me yesterday because she saw a need and she went above and beyond to make sure that need was met.  I am so blessed.  I don't think she knows how much that meant to me, but thank you!!!
18.  Busy days to occupy my mind.
19.  New plans and ideas.
20.  Teachable moments.  We heard a song on the radio this morning, and my kids asked what it meant.  I was able to explain forgiveness.  I love that.

I really feel better than I did before I sat down to write this.  Being thankful is such a cool thing.  Let me know some of the things you're thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment